Jabil, a U.S. based global manufacturing services company announced on January 14, 2019, the expansion of retail innovation ecosystem to ensure speedy delivery of advanced retail automation solutions.
Jabil is currently showcasing the company’s technology breakthroughs based on the introduction of digital technologies in retail at NFR 2019: Retail’s Big Show. The new technology introductions include electronic shelf labels, point-of-sale systems, state-of-the-art autonomous robots, intelligent vending machines and self-checkout kiosks.
The introduced technology breakthroughs were achieved by initiating the partnership with innovation partners. The partnership was initiated after Jabil’s survey of over 300 retail decision makers published in the company’s 2018 Future of Retail technology Report. The study revealed a pressing need for the integration of digital solutions to befit new and sustainable models of business. However, according to the survey, out of 300 retail decision makers, only 29 percent showed confidence towards their current organizational structures and partners to deliver highly essential innovations.
Few of the leading technology breakthroughs by Jabil showcased at the Big Show are as follows,
- Jabil leveraged its know-how in the design capabilities and experience in manufacturing expertise to address incrementing demand for technology innovation in retail. The company has introduced robotics, UX design, RF wireless, 3D printing, precision mechanics, optics, automation, advanced sensors and materials as well as displays in the retail ecosystem to deliver integrated services. These integrated services span product ideation, engineering, designing, supply chain management and manufacturing to increase the speed of delivery in omnichannel retail solutions.
- Jabil in partnership with Toshiba developed and manufactured consumer engaging Point-of-Sale (POS) Systems that are industry- defining. For example, Jabil’s extensive supply chain abilities, flexibility of engineering and holistic testing and qualification abilities led to customization of Toshiba’s TCx800 POS systems up to industry-leading specification standards. Every retail-hardened, liquid spill resistant system is developed to order products in locations that are closer to end-customers, thereby enabling Toshiba to connect to its customers around the world.
- Jabil introduced a new intelligent vending machine with wireless communication and remote management integrated into one smart, connected vending machines. The new vending platform is based on the reference design of Intel and has integrated hardware, software, payment system and user interface in a single machine.
- Jabil’s new technology integration also includes the partnership with players who are focused on improving the in-store retail experience. For instance, a product division of Jabil- Badger TechnologiesTM utilizes autonomous robots that capture data regarding misprice, out-of-stock or misplace inventory in real-time while also monitoring spills and other potential hazards.
- Jabil has also partnered with SES-imagotag to scale-up the production of its award-winning VUSION modular digital price tags.
Claim Sample Report For FREE: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=1592
Fact.MR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that’s why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Follow us in Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/factmr/
Having Knack for precision, I take a meticulous approach to find informative pieces of news across industries such as technology, ICT, healthcare and F&B to name a few. Follow me to catch the latest trend.